My total passive income this year was $85 - and I worked pretty hard to get it. Compared to my goals, I already claimed failure in October.
Let's say it out loud - I don't have a business yet. In fact, I've spent $650 on this fine "hobby" of mine. And that's NOT counting $2.500 I spent on 30x500.
But Oh Boy, Have I Learned!I must admit I had no idea what I was about to do when I started in May. I saw only a fraction of the opportunities possible and I was not effective in processing information. Still, I learned a ton.
- I learned web style article writing
- I learned about different ways to make money online
- I learned how to do keyword analysis
- I learned different ways to get traffic
- I learned the process of publishing eBooks for Kindle
- I learned a new programming language
- I learned how to install new habits (that get stuff done)
- I learned how to mine data in the internet
- I learned how to create mailing lists
- I learned how reversing pains and creating value is what sells
- I learned all business starts from exchange - from the audience
I Have Gained A Lot Too
Although I did not proceed with the speed I hoped for, I still created and published things. I'm grateful for everything I've achieved this year.
- I created my first web app (even though it never saw daylight)
- I've met wonderful people through this blog
- I belong to a community of like-minded people (in 30x500)
- I have been given a donation
- I have my SBI site with over 700 visitors per month
- I still keep getting YouTube subscribers for the programming video I made
- I have this blog, with 1.300 visits per month
- I have grown my favorite hobby blog to 15.000 visitors per month
- I feel great for creating stuff people like
Best Of All, I'm Free!Actually, my husband resigned last month so we are both free now. And we are enjoying it!
I haven't regretted resigning for a second. Fortunately for us, we are minimalists. No car, no TV and small expenses. That means we don't struggle financially for a while yet.
This year, we saw the Geiranger Fjord in Norway and Piemonte hills in the Italy, riding though the scenery with our motorcycle. I've again found out I love slow travel. We've met wonderful people on our travels.
I was pretty amazed to realize how my mindset has started to change with the freedom. The truth is, nothing prevented me from pursuing my goals before. This year, I have not done anything I could not have done while I was working. But I did not. I had a slave mindset - a worker mindset. It will still take me some time to fully grow to the entrepreneur mindset, but I can see myself getting there.
I wish you all happy new year 2013!
Let's make this year unforgettable!